Tuesday, April 6, 2010

home josh vs school josh


I had a conference yesterday with Josh's preschool teacher and I must say that I was very proud. Miss Chris had nothing but fabulous things to say about Josh. One of the things we talked about that stuck out for me was Miss Chris saying that Josh is eager and excited to learn. She gave me a couple examples regarding his enthusiasum for circle time and how he participates eagerly when talking about the weather. Yay Josh!!
Later on last night, Brian and I were talking about Josh's "report card" - the teachers give G's for good, S's for satisfactory, P's for positive progress, E's for needs regular guidance & encouragement. We were talking about how Josh must be a totally different kid at school. For example, Self-Control, Listens Attentively, Follows Directions, Concentration all got G's from Josh's teacher which is FABULOUS!! At home, however, those particular areas would be getting E's as I feel I have to harp on him to get him to do the simplest things. All the other stuff (shapes, letters, counting, creativity, hand-eye coordination) I know he has down. But these few areas involving listening and following directions have me perplexed.
One thing that I am thankful for is that he does those things for his teachers and others even if he doesn't do them at home!! I would rather have myself be the only one annoyed with his non-listening, non-direction following little personality since I love him!!
Good job, Joshy-boy!! We are very proud of you!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Balvin said...

I say this out of complete love, but maybe Josh knows you will tell him 3-4 times to do something, so he knows he doesn't need to do it right away. Just a thought, but you know I think you are a GREAT mom and your kids are GREAT too!