Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Won't you be my neighbor?

Our beloved neighbors, the Balvin's have moved.

It is a true blessing in life to be able to navigate these waters with true friends, people who you love like crazy and who drive you crazy all at the same time!!  We were so blessed to be able to live right next door to each other to experience the same season of life together.  It has forever bonded us as families.

So this is a love letter, to my beloved neighbors, who will always be my neighbors no matter where we go:

Dear Stephanie (and sometimes Brenton)(KIDDING!!),

When I first found out you were leaving, I cried.  I couldn't imagine doing life without you next door.
However, I want you to know how very happy I am for you in your new house!!  It fits you perfectly and I'm excited to make new memories with you all there.

We have been there for each other through it all.  The ups and downs, the highs and lows, and the boring middle (where we like it best because that's when there is time for cards!) Thank you for being a constant source of encouragement, faith, support, humor, humility, fun and blessings.

You were there to calm me down after we found out we were expecting Logan.  You were there to help calm Brian down when we found out we were expecting Emma.

You accepted my house no matter what state it was in - how messy, how clean (haha!), how disassembled, how chaotic, how noisy and how empty of food it was.

You came to my rescue when I needed a cheeseburger during morning sickness with Emma.

Brenton, you came over to hold the baby so I could make supper.  "Please come over and just hold the baby.  I'll turn on Sports Center and we don't even have to talk" were the pleas from an overtired mother of four, and you helped.

Stephanie, one word.  Lice.  Mic drop.

You were there when crazy went down and you made sure my kids were taken care of.

You are the "go to" for my kids - If you need help, go to the Balvin's house.  This was usually followed by, "but don't get in trouble with Andrew!!"  And we were yours.  Jake spent quite a bit of time hanging out 'cause we all know Jakey doesn't like to be home alone!

It's weird to have ranch and ketchup last so long in my fridge without a little Balvin coming over to borrow some.

We have shared holidays, birthdays, celebrations, parties, including the day before Thanksgiving leftover feast (which we should probably recreate this year) and the ever famous Kraby-Balvin Christmas Eve Eve.

We can never repay you for all that you have meant to us.

You are godparents, friends, neighbors-4-life....

Family.

Love you guys!!

Sincerely,
Lifetime passholder to the Balvin Pool



No comments: