Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

This is my dad, Smiley. I've never met anyone's dad that was quite like mine. He is definately a character! Growing up, he had nicknames for all my friends - silly nicknames, right Boohe? He was always singing nonsense songs and chattering away about random silliness. He teased me a lot and built a lot of character in me that way. He has his own language - mittens/gloves = handshoes; tires = screamers. Like I said, I've never met anyone quite like my dad!

Through all the silliness, teasing, and chattering, I always knew that he loved me. He is such a great dad and I'm lucky to call him mine! He always provided for me, made sure I was taken care of, and supported me.

Dad, thank you for being you and for being such a great dad. I'm very lucky and my kids are very fortunate to call you "Bumpa." I love you very much!




No comments: