Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Lauren is 4!! She had a wonderful birthday weekend. We had a birthday party for her yesterday. She started her party with a birthday twirl in her favorite party dress. We rented a bouncy castle, had some pizza and cheese balls for lunch, plenty of juice boxes, a princess cake, lots of fabulous presents, and tons of fun!




In fact, this is how much fun was had! Passed out cold on the couch right after supper. We had a neighborhood bonfire in the evening and she managed to show up for the last half hour or so of that!

Today we went to the zoo. We saw the dolphins and all the other fish (Lauren's favorite part), we played in the great playground there, rode the monorail (Josh's favorite part) and we all had a great time.
I just can't believe that my sweet girl is 4! It seems like so long ago that we brought her home from the hospital, but it has really gone by so very fast. She is growing up more and more and really starting to understand concepts like "responsibility" and "treat others the way you want to be treated." She's such a loving, kind, sweet little girl all sprinkled with a little bit of attitude!
Brian and I were telling her last night about the day she was born. We told her how when the doctor placed her in my arms, she didn't even cry, she just stared at us like she had been waiting nine months to meet us. She stared at everything, exploring her new world. It was so calming and beautiful. It also got me thinking about the fact that she was born on a Tuesday night at 8:07 pm. Brian and I were also born on Tuesdays, but Brian was born at the EXACT same time as Lauren - 8:07 pm! Isn't that crazy?
I've always seen Lauren as a butterfly. I don't really know why. Maybe because she's so fluttery and pretty. Maybe because I know one day she will fly away. She's my baby girl and she's growing up so fast and I just want to imprint every moment with her (and Josh and Logan). I know in the blink of an eye they will all be growed-up and I will want to push the rewind button. I know this even though a lot of days it feels like it isn't going fast enough! The last four years have been wonderful and I can't wait for the next four!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!!

No comments: