Friday, July 3, 2009

neighbors

I love my neighbors. It sounds silly, but neighbors can really make or break how happy you are in your neighborhood. We have the BEST neighbors. Before we moved in when we were painting inside the house, one of our neighbors brought us over a plate of fresh baked cookies and a map of the neighborhood with everyone's names so we wouldn't have to remember anyone! Isn't that super nice and thoughtful?! Our neighborhood is FULL of kids and it's so great - probably because we have kids ourselves! And I cannot think of a neighbor that I truly dislike. I even like the grumpy neighbor who lives next door to us. I'm gonna break down his grumpiness one of these days! My goal is to get him to the neighborhood party that we have in the summer!

With all that being said, this is what happens when your husband becomes buddies to the neighbor next door (not the grumpy one).......



That's right. Our backyard is a baseball field. Not just a "hey, let's play some ball" kind of field, but a "here's the foul line and the pitcher's mound" kind of field. It was definately an unauthorized use of the lawnmower. I was told it was for the "kids" .......hmmmm, I'm not buyin' it!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Balvin said...

I can sit and laugh out loud at this as I read it (4 hours after the fact), but I wasn't laughing earlier. They are goof balls, but I am glad they enjoy "playing" together- you could have Ralph here instead! :)