Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lauren's First Fieldtrip

Our little Lauren left on her first fieldtrip ever today! Her class is at an indoor gym to play and eat lunch as a last hurrah before the official school year gets started. Needless to say it's been an emotional morning for this 8-month pregnant mom. I dropped her and Josh off at school and then realized I forgot my camera. I ran home to get it and got back to school just as the bus was pulling up. I met Lauren's class coming out of her room to board the bus. She was just so excited!
Then, of course, I followed her out to the bus.
And, on the bus.
And then I waited in my car, crying, until the bus pulled away!

I really wanted to go with her! There were other parents going, but the bus ride combined with a whole bunch of 3, 4, and 5 year olds playing in an indoor gym did not sound too appealing for this very pregnant lady. So, I had to 'cut the cord', let my baby girl spread her wings a little and worry myself sick until I know she's safely back! What am I going to do about college? I thought I didn't want my children going to either of the colleges in Northfield, but now both of them are lookin' good!!

No comments: