Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Be Strong....

So, it's Logan's first day of daycare today. You'd think it would get easier the more kids you take to daycare, but as I sit here with tears streaming down my face, I have discovered it does not get easier. It is such an internal battle. I KNOW that daycare is good for my kids. It allows them to socialize and to learn. In Logan's case I KNOW it is good for him to be away from me, to be cared for by others, and to be around other babies. This will help him learn to trust. I KNOW this. However, it hurts to know he is away from me. I need to have faith that his caregivers will take good care of him and although I know he's being cared for, no one can love him like his mommy does. But I have professional responsibilities that require my full attention, not just in-between-Logan-time attention. So, here I am working through the first step of letting go with my third child.
I am extremely grateful that Logan was able to be in the daycare room that Josh was in as a baby. There hasn't been a whole lot of turnover, so mostly the same teachers are in his room. This is comforting. They know me, I know them, they will get to know Logan in time. It's still hard, though.

No comments: