Monday, September 7, 2009

a couple = two

This past weekend we were at my aunt and uncle's house in for a family BBQ. Lauren asked my Aunt Sandy for a cookie she spotted in the cookie jar. Sandy told Lauren that she would have to ask me before she could have one. Lauren asked me if she could have a cookie, to which I replied that she had to eat a couple of grapes (that Sandy was cleaning at the time) before she could have a cookie. Sandy put three grapes in her hand for Lauren to grab. Lauren looked at her and in a very serious voice stated, "A couple is two" and only took two of the three grapes! Miss smartypants!!

1 comment:

brian said...

Ah yes...a few weeks ago Lauren asked me if a "couple means two." I told it did but I didn't know she would be so literal about it. Apparently my kids actually listen to me