Thursday, October 30, 2008

I a mom...

This has been the argument in our house for quite a while between Joshua and Lauren. When they play "kitchen" Lauren always starts out by saying "I a mom." She repeats it with such tenacity that Josh automatically becomes her challenger saying, "I mom." This infuriates Lauren as she believes she IS the mom (literally) and causes her to argue with him and this is how the conversation goes:

L: I a mom
J: I mom (in his deep voice)
L: NOOOOO, I a mom. You not a mom.
J: I mom (repeat deep voice)
L: NOOOOOOOOOO. I a mom and you not a mom. You a sister.
J: I mom (see previous)
L: Mama, Joshy said he a mom, but he not a mom. You a mom and I a mom.

And so on.....I hope to be able to repeat this to both of them when they are in high school, especially to Josh : )




We managed to make it to the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago. We picked out our pumpkins and then we went to the apple orchard and got some apples. We're going to carve our pumpkins tonight - just in time for Halloween!







Here is the family update for week 4 of being a family of 5 :

LOGAN - is doing great. He is sleeping in his own crib, waking about once a night depending on whether he is going through one of his 24-48 hour feeding binges. During these feeding binges this little guy will eat every 2-3 hours and will drink 4-5 ounces at a time. Sometimes he can only make it an hour. We try to hold him off, but he gets, as Brian says 'mad as a hornet.' But then he will sleep for 5-6 hours at a time for the next couple of days. He is growing and changing. He is fascinated with the ceiling fan in our family room. He could stare at it for hours, I think, as long as someone is holding him! He is still a cuddle-bug : )

JOSH - is good. It was my birthday on Tuesday and as a present, Josh went potty in the potty at school that day!! YAY!!! Big step forward for him. Still holding back on starting the potty-training at home, though, as mommy just doesn't have the energy for that battle at the moment! Josh is going to be a bumblebee for Halloween, so that should be fun!

LAUREN - is good, too. She continues to challenge me in every way and the whole "I a mom" concept has leaked over into how she interacts with me. She thinks she's the boss.....we had to have a little chat about that earlier this week. Did anyone take my 3-year-old manual?! I cannot find it anywhere and I need to look up how do handle a back-talking, little smarty-pants. No manual? Then could SOMEONE, ANYONE please just tell me that it's going to get better? Because right now, boarding schools are looking like a genius idea : ) Okay, it's not that bad, but she sure knows which buttons to push. And I have a feeling that I was just like her when I was three. Sorry, mom! I guess what they say about payback is true. If only I would've known that when I was three, I would've behaved better......... hindsight. Lauren started gymnastics class which she seems to like. And she's going to be a witch for Halloween, although she said she wants to stay and pass out the candy instead of going out to get candy (hence the "I a mom" thing). She is being a good helper with Logan and with Josh and is getting smarter and smarter everyday.

Brian and I are doing good. Brian and Dixie got their first pheasant of the season, which was exciting! I'm trying to get back into working and learning to juggle all of the kids, the house, the businesses and life. Oh, and trying to catch a nap here and there. My earth-shattering question of the day? WHY when there are two Nickelodeon channels do BOTH of them have to show what seems like a marathon of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the middle of the night, every night? This makes no sense to me and is just plain wrong. Whatever happened to Mr. Ed and Car 54 Where Are You?? At least throw in some Who's the Boss, Growing Pains or Cosby Show. There's only so much Will Smith pre-Jada, pre-Independence Day silliness one person can take. And although that Carlton can sure dance, that's just not as entertaining as it used to be......



The "cleaning" of the first pheasant with Josh supervising...
Our annual family pumpkin patch picture. Someday I will put all the pictures up on here so you can all see, in pictures, the rapid growth of our family in the last 4 years!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Balvin said...

Is Brian doing ok after election night? I wondered if there was more profanity than during Green Bay game? :)

Anonymous said...

How ironic! Nick at Nite played a 2 month marathon of the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire after I had Max...and that was May through June 2006! Must be popular among some night owls. I know it's not popular among parents of infants as all nostalgia was lost on me week 2 of the marathon.

Your youngins sure look beautiful! I don't know that parenting gets any easier the older they get, but I can tell you a full night's sleep sure helps :)!!
Melissa