Monday, October 6, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!





On Saturday October 4th, 2008 at 12:24 p.m. we welcomed Logan Nicholas Kraby into the world! He is a beautiful baby boy and we are so proud! He is doing very well, eating and sleeping like a champ - just not when we want him to.

He surprised us in many ways, but mainly because we had been thinking he was a she for quite a while. We chose not to find out the gender of any of our babies because we think it is really fun to guess and we really thought I was acting more like I did when I was pregnant with Lauren, so were assuming that the baby would probably be a girl. WRONG!!

The second way he surprised us was with his quick arrival. I was scheduled to be induced on Saturday and went in on Friday night for some preliminary preparations. This would up throwing me into early labor with contractions every 2-4 minutes apart consistently. I was up all night with contractions, got back to the hospital around 8am, and BEGGED for an epidural around 10am. My nurse checked me at 11:55 am and I was dialated to 4 cm, so my nurse and Brian both went to grab some lunch. At 12:10 pm, I asked for a nurse to come to my room because I was feeling SO uncomfortable. That nurse checked me and I was completely dialated and ready to deliver. My husband, bless his heart, was at Subway across the street and hurried back, making a scene dropping all his stuff at the counter! One push and Logan Nicholas was born!
We are all recovering nicely and glad to be home. Lauren, otherwise known as "little mother," is in LOVE with her new brother. Josh has started this stomping thing where he stomps around the room and points at Logan saying "baby Logan." It's cute - we're just not sure what it means! All in all it is going to take some time to adjust to this new family of ours, being outnumbered and all. Thankfully, my mom is here this week and Brian's mom will be here next week to give us some help!

On a very different and sad note, I would like to ask for some prayers for the loved ones of a great man who passed away yesterday morning. My godfather, John Krull, has been fighting leukemia for quite a number of years and was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and unfortunately lost his battle with both. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends. It is very hard for my parents, especially my dad, to experience the ultimate high of the birth of their grandson, and the death of a truly great friend all within 24 hours....... please keep them and John's family in your thoughts.

5 comments:

deplaqer said...

Hey, this is Tom. Congratulations on the new little one! Lauren and Josh are getting bigger and blonder every time I see them. We need to come out and see your new place sometime.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I was just thinking of you this morning wondering when the newest Kraby would show up - congrats! I can't wait to meet him!!!

Kellie

Anonymous said...

3 to 2 ratio means you and Brian are officially on the defensive line now! Welcome to the world of three youngins :). I always say, "three is the magic number!". I'm so glad you are home and doing well. Your family is beautiful!
Melissa

Stephanie Balvin said...

I love that little man, I am ready and willing to hold him way too much anytime! And of course, you have the Balvin's praying for you.

Miss Carrie said...

Yay! Congrats! I was waiting to hear, and Stephanie actually just told me yesterday. I will have to make a trip down to see you all :)