Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Logan-gator

This is Logan! He is so cute right now - totally smiling and cooing all the time. He is a very happy baby and such a heartbreaker! He starts daycare next Tuesday. One minute I'm relieved and glad because I need to be able to concentrate on what I am doing at home with my law firm. On the other hand, I am fighting that motherly urge to hold on. And since I don't know if he is our last baby there is a little part of me that keeps creeping up saying "this could be the last baby you have at home and now you are sending him away". I try to keep that tucked away for only my super emotional freak outs!! He is growing so fast and I know that he is going to out of that infant car seat in no time. And then I will be back to being stuck at home with an infant that can't sit up but can't be in the carryer. I'm sure some ingenius idea will pop into my head and the problem will be solved.....can't keep a cooped up mom with three little ones stuck at home in the winter! I'm sure we'll be investing in a baby backpack or frontpack or something!

In other news, we went to an indoor playground this past weekend in Prior Lake called Playworks. This is the same place that Lauren went on her fieldtrip with the daycare at the end of last summer. It was crazy and I'm glad I didn't know about it before I let her go because I would have been doubly freaked out. The kids had so much fun and it was safe but the climbing structure was SO tall! Since I have no perception when it comes to distance or height I asked Brian and he guestimated it was about 40 feet high (the highest part). This part was a tower of sorts with a big long twisty slide coming down. I watched Brian take Lauren and Josh up to the top (it was a series of "steps" - picture getting out of a car through the car window about 50 times!). He had a funny look on his face and I couldn't tell if he was just getting annoyed because he had to keep hoisting Josh up these 3 foot tall "steps" or what. They came down the slide and all was well. Then Brian sat with Logan and I climbed in the structure to play with the kids. Lauren led me over to these "steps" and the tower. I started going up only because she was way ahead and I was worried about her. I got about 3 "steps" to the top and started to have an internal panic attack! I do not like heights and it turns out I'm a little big closterphobic! I regained control of myself ONLY because Lauren was waiting for me and I couldn't leave my 3 year old up on the top of this thing. I got to the top and was on total autopilot. I don't remember what I said to Lauren, only feeling like I needed to get out of there NOW but the only way out was down the enclosed twisty turny 40 foot high slide - YIKES! I sat down with Lauren on my lap, held on tight and almost crapped my pants on the way down! It went so unbelievably fast! And staticy - I felt like I was going to spontaneously combust!

The kids had so much fun and Brian and I got to watch Lauren help Josh up these "steps," which made us both feel so proud of her. He couldn't quite hoist himselft up so there she was, standing behind him trying to grab his leg and pull him up or push on his bottom to help him up. It was pretty hilarious because he's only a couple of pounds lighter than she is, so there's really no way that she can lift him! She was so encouraging to him, though, saying, "Joshy, you can do it! Come on let's go!" She was trying very hard to show him how to get up there, but he just doesn't have any flexibility what-so-ever! It was heartwarming to watch her care for her little brother.....made us feel as though we are doing something right through all of this!

1 comment:

Stephanie Balvin said...

That was cute! Jake was quick to call out Dixie's bark at the end!