Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Enchanted....

I came down with strep throat and a sinus infection on Monday and Grandma Marcia came up to save the day! She took care of the kids while I laid on the couch feeling miserable. I had DVR'd the movie "Enchanted" when we had a free movie weekend, so I thought it would be a good time to watch it. It was a really cute movie! For those of you who don't know what it is, it starts out as a cartoon and it's about a princess named Giselle who is thrown into a well by the evil witch. On the other side of the well is reality. So Giselle winds up in Times Square, confused and searching for her castle. She ends up meeting Patrick Dempsey and falls in love with him (because really, who doesn't love Ronny Miller from Can't Buy Me Love).

There is this part in the movie where Giselle attempts to clean up Patrick Dempsey's apartment because it is so messy. She sings her princess song, whistles and all the birds, mice, rats and cockroaches of NYC come scurrying to help her. I know, disgusting. But this one bird lands on Giselle's finger and then she sings a beautiful song. This morning Lauren, Josh and I were in the backyard by the swingset and there were a few birds in the trees nearby. Lauren looks at me with her finger pointing and says, "Mommy, can you sing me a whistle and then the birdie will come land on my finger?" It was so sweet! So, of course I whistled and nothing happened. She said, "Try again, mommy, I don't think the birdie heard you." So, we tried a few more times and then decided that only special birdies come land on princesses fingers and those special birdies were not in our backyard at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I thought I was the only one on the planet that watched Can't buy me Love!!! :)