Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lauren's weekend!

Lauren has had a fabulous weekend. On Friday, she played outside with her friends from about 10am until bedtime!! I was so unbelievably proud of her. Every time she wanted to go to a different yard or into someone's house, she came in and asked me. She made sure that I could see her from the windows the whole day. Well, except once. Her and her neighborhood friend were chasing butterflies and wandered behind our neighbors house and down the block a little - those darn butterflies! Her and some neighbor friends were running around in their swimsuits, Brian filled the small pool and they all had a pool party (to which I attended and read my People magazine while the boys slept!)

It was so amazing to be able to trust her outside by herself for short periods of time. I was running to the windows to check on her and her friends quite often, but they solved their own fights (as far as I know!) and just had so much fun!! I did feel better about having Dixie outside when the kids were in the backyard - knowing that Dixie would bark at anyone walking by made me feel like I had an extra set of eyes out there!

On Saturday she attended a birthday party and had so much fun! She's growing up into such a wonderful and caring girl. She has her moments, of course, but I'm so proud of her. Her "fierce independence" as we lovingly call it is becoming more of a positive instead of so negative and that makes us all feel good! I could tell after her wonderful couple of days with her friends, she was very proud of herself in her behavior and proud because I trusted her. It made us both feel very good!

No comments: