Sunday, May 2, 2010

boyfriends, smoyfriends

Lauren has a boyfriend. Or two, depending on which day you ask her. Her main boyfriend is a neighbor boy whom she goes to preschool with. And Sunday school, soccer, gymnastics and who she has consistently referred to as her "favorite guy." My neighbor just told me a very funny story that I must share. Apparently, Lauren was talking with my neighbor's father, also known as Poppa in the neighborhood. Poppa drives his car down the cul-de-sac and always has treats for the kids, so naturally they love him! Yesterday Poppa came by for a visit and my neighbors weren't home so Lauren was chatting with Poppa. Here's how the conversation went (the abridged version to protect boredom and identities):

Lauren: I have a boyfriend.
Poppa: You do?
Lauren: Yep, and I'm going to marry him someday.
Poppa: Really?
Lauren: He was going to marry someone else but then she called him a dirty name.
Poppa: Well, what was the name?
Lauren (looking around to make sure no one can hear): She said he was stinky.

No comments: