Sunday, February 1, 2009

For Cryin' Out Loud

Lauren has been obsessed with Dixie lately, chasing her, trying to guide her around the house, laying on her and just generally bugging her. Whenever Lauren is playing with Dixie, she has this certain laugh. It is a really loud laugh with evil undertones and it is very annoying. So, last week when she was laughing this certain laugh and playing with Dixie, Brian told her to go down to the basement playroom to play with Dixie. A short while later we saw that Lauren had made a circle out of the wooden train tracks and heard her telling Dixie to sit in the circle. Dixie would not cooperate. We then heard Lauren say, and I quote, "You're in big, big trouble, Dixie. You have to sit for four minutes 'cause you are four years old. For cryin' out loud!" Brian looked at me and asked if I heard what she said. I said that I did hear her and those are all my words and my rules coming into her ears and straight out of her mouth, and I don't apologize for any of it! Especially not the "for cryin' out loud" part!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! :)