Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lauren Knows All

Josh and I butted heads this morning. He got sent to a time-out, but he would not stop his wail. Brian calls him "soggy-face" when he does this. He's tears, snot, drool, everything....all at once. And the high-C wail that accompanies it is almost enough to make me lose my mind! Anyways, the wail continued, so I told Josh that he would have to go to his room if he did not stop yelling and crying. He did not stop, so I took him to his room. I was very upset with him and I felt bad about it. I came downstairs and laid on the couch feeling like I wanted to cry. Lauren walked over to me and this is the conversation we had:

Lauren: "Mommy, are you tired?"
Me: "No, mommy is just feeling sad right now."
Lauren (with an all-knowing nod): "Because I picked my nose, right."

She did not ask this, she informed me, as if she already knew! I told her it was not because she picked her nose, although that is so DISGUSTING! She laughed at this. : )

No comments: