Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lauren's "Disgusting" List

Lately everything for Lauren is disgusting. So, I thought I would make a list of things that she finds disgusting, as in "__________ is disGUSting":
  • Milk
  • Potty
  • Josh
  • Any mean words
  • Any food that I make with the exception of chicken nuggets and tomato soup (not together)
  • Kleenex
  • Mud
  • Bad guys in movies or tv shows
  • "Cars"
  • Her princess chair (she'd much rather sit in Josh's Cars chair because it bothers him)
  • Dixie
  • Poopy diapers (can't argue with that one!)
  • Soap
  • Naps

You get the idea. EVERYTHING that she does not want to do, say, look at, or deal with in general is "disgusting." This morning I asked her to go potty when she woke up and in her whiny three-year-old voice she said, "But I caaaaan't because the potty's disgusting" coupled with the foot stomp that seems to go along with everything she says and does lately. So, of course, Josh chimes in, "Disgusting, mommy, disgusting?" Hmmm. He's already walking around saying "Hannah Montana," now we can add "disgusting" on the list of words she is teaching him. I guess the second one advances quicker than the first....what will happen with Logan?!

2 comments:

Stephanie Balvin said...

Sorry to say, Logan is hopeless- look at Drew!

Marilee said...

Will Lauren mind if I borrow "disgusting"? I can see it in my vocab, just after the words: work, homework, cleaning, exercising, getting up early, taking out the trash, etc - they are all disgusting!
Very cute post!
-Marilee